Tuesday, April 28, 2009

dancing with the curtains

I LOVE when the curtains dance on the breeze in the hot weather......I didn't realize just how comforting that is to me until today..........I feel as if Ive lost someone.......no fancy words for that...it just is what it is...........you know when you can be standing right next to someone, yet feel a thousand miles away from them..........when you've always looked to someone for comfort......someone you know you can always rely on............and you turn.....and after 28 years they've gotten tired of who they are............and you re not sure who you are without them?..........setting off a chain reaction..........a bond between people that was soooo tight, so unbreakable.........the only way it would unravel would be if someone inside lets go..............well......someone let go.......................................and after 2 days of daydreaming of better times with this person, the curtains caught my eye...........memories of being younger...dust floating in rays of sunshine........and that breeze........that one little breeze you needed so bad at that one moment....the curtains dance, move like ocean waves..........I feel like a child again..the feeling not completely describable.............that flutter in your chest...........everything safe and new.......I watched my son stare at the window...........and in that instant I realized..........I loved this person with child's eyes.........he was perfect as he was.......no faults..........never changing................maybe it was time to let go of that......................maybe it was OK to unravel.....now its my turn..........to be strong for my son..........as he was strong for me..........maybe now its my turn to weave my son in where my father just left off??????..........................

No comments: